Re: [OFFTOPIC]: Linux is losing to Macs in the RC5 effort!

Dave Wreski (nuke@bayside.net)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 23:47:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Perry Harrington wrote:

> For all those who care. The Mac RC5 effort is pumping out double
> the keys per second that the Linux group is. I personally find
> this a sad, sad sight. Don't dispair, you can help Linux prove
> itself by joining the RC5 effort and a team. You can get the
> RC5 cracking client from www.distributed.net and join a team via
> rc5stats.distributed.net.

i don't see what this has to do with linux. it's a hardware issue. the mac
people have more machines and/or more powerful machines going on it. it
has nothing to do with the operating system, and talk about it doesn't
belong on linux-kernel, if i may be so bold as to say so.

| / |/ /_ __/ /_____ | Nuke Skyjumper |
| / / // / '_/ -_) | "Master of the Farce" |