Re: Network/PPP bug?

Blu3Viper (david@kalifornia.com)
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 21:45:17 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> He's talking about interactive performance, Dave all your bug reports
> were with bulk data transfers. Let's get things straight so I know
> what bugs exist and which do not.

ssh will also get jerky over the same conditions. granted ssh sends
packets a bit larger than telnet, but it is somewhat similar. if you do a
cut and paste of a large buffer, you will also see a momentary lag.

-d

--
to include colors and other non printing characters in a bash prompt,
surround the non printing characters with \[ and \] and bash will correctly