Re: probs with 95 (hate that number!)

Dominik Weis (weis@dom.hws.edu)
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 23:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Don Fisher wrote:

> It "feels" like IDE problems. I have done nothing but run
> Netscape and do backups. There always seems to be an IO in
> progress when it freezes. Sorry for such a vague report, but
> when it locks up I get no messages etc. Both of my non SMP
> systems seem to run fine.

I had 2.1.95 running on a SMP system without any problems. After 24 hours
without any problems I installed the 2.1.96 pre-patch and it is working
for 3 hours without any problems. I was compiling several programs(gimp,
binutils 2.9) without any problems. I have a Tyan S1692D(2*PII 233Mhz,
128MB Ram) with an IDE hard disk and cdrom(I know IDE is not so good and
I would have prefered SCSI but it is a school and I am a student and they
gave me a computer to use).

Dominik Weis