Re: Netscape and 2.1.9x and 8x

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 09:04:03 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Jason Riedy wrote:

> Oh well. And Hans-Christoph Rohland writes:
> -
> - I saw the following additional problems running netscape and using
> - strace on lockups:
> -
> - 1) netscape looping on SIGALRM
> - 2) " looping in write or sendmsg with returncode EAGAIN
>
> FYI, these are not linux-specific; I see them all the time on
> Solaris (sparc-based). They also cause netscape not to respond
> to a SIGTERM, only to a SIGKILL. They're netscape bugs.
>
> Jason

export MOZILLA_NO_ASYNC_DNS=True is a workaround for the problem,
but it worked fine without this in earlier kernels.

It will exit on SIGTERM, but only after the process is stopped. If
sent SIGTERM while running, it only closes it's window and continues
looping.

-Mike