Re: kerneld.h missing from 2.1.102

OLK (delise@online-club.de)
Tue, 19 May 1998 13:34:07 +0200

Matt Hyne wrote:

> I have been trying to build the modutils-2.1.85 against kernel 2.1.102 and
> it fails telling me it cannot find linux/kerneld.h.

If you relly *want* kerneld to compile then do this:
Backup your kernel first,
copy /usr/src/linux/include/linux/kerneld.h
from your old 2.0.3[0.x]-tree to 2.1.102
apply the "persistent-patch" from modutils-2.1.85 if necessairy
comment out the line saying about using new protocol
make config/dep/zImage, boot from this 2.1 zImage without
modules-support
remake config/redep/remake zImage with modulkes, reboot new Image,
verify (System.Map beeing at right place)

test it, be happy...

Then remove the line launching kerneld in /etc/rc.d/rc.M
(or wherever it's started), because you don't need kerneld.

Have Fun
OLK

--
eMail : delise@online-club.de