Re: (still) file table overflow with smbfs

peloy@ven.ra.rockwell.com
26 May 1998 14:49:50 GMT

Hi there,

Juergen Scherer <juergen.scherer@rcon.de> wrote:

> I was on vacation for four weeks (yeah, lucky me!) so I
> don't really know if there's work going on for this,
> but with pre-2.1.104-1 I'm still having occasional file table
> overflows in mounted smbfs-folders from win95 clients (and only
> there).
>
> They occur even if I just do a 'du' in there...

Same here. I have found that when mounting shares from Windows NT
boxes there is no problem. The problem only shows up when connecting
to Windows 95 machines.

> And yes, I'm using the smbmount util of samba-1.9.18p7.
> Everything else should be up-to-date too.

I also use the smbfs utilities included in samba-1.9.18p7 and read
linux/Documentation/filesystems/smbfs.txt and used the correponding
switches in the mount command of smbclient (smbmount):

MBFS: Win 95 bug fixes enabled
smb_lookup: find //Acrobat3 failed, error=-23

(the error above was after a simple ls of the mounted directory).

I have reported this problem here before but nobody has provided a fix
yet.

Thanks,

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris Information Technology Department Rockwell Automation Venezuela Telephone: +58-2-9432311 Fax: +58-2-9431645