Re: 2.1.x kernel and nfs

Matthew G. Marsh (mgm@paktronix.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:11:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Kumsup Lee wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have ASUS P65UP5/C-P6ND 440FX. I have no problem with 2.0.x kernel.
> But I am having a problem with 2.1.x kernel and nfs. When I boot system
> it generates following message when it try to mount remote file system.

> portmap: RPC call returned error 111
> RPC: task of released request still queued!
> RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)
[snip]

Yes. I had that also. What you need to do is wait until after your network
is up and stable AND running portmap (I "sleep" for 5 secs). Then you can
do the mount -avt nfs. Also note that the umount -avt nfs should be one
of the first things you do in reboot or halt (rc0,rc6) or you will get
similar weird messages on shutdown.

mgm

Matthew G. Marsh, President
Paktronix Systems, LLC