Re: ext2 fs not properly updated upon dismount.

Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:17:11 -0400 (EDT)

On 16 Jun 1998, Anders Melchiorsen wrote:

> dwguest@win.tue.nl (Guest section DW) writes:
>
> > > I believe the partition type should be 82 (Linux swap).
> >
> > NOTHING in the kernel should depend on a partition type.
>
> I think it is reasonable to assume that fsck will get confused if a
> swap partition is marked as containing an ext2 file system.

But I am not fsck-ing the swap partition. And this partition is whatever
type mkswap wanted (if it cared at all).

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.105 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).