Re: Linux in Mondays NY Times

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:46:28 +1200

On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 06:30:48PM -0500, Shawn Leas wrote:

> Don't tell MoneyShaft that! I cordially invite you to speak with one of
> MS's lawers about their liscensing. However, don't tell them who you are,
> better to be anonymous. I too, build PCs.. The way I get around it..

I could so much not care about M$.

If they give me crap, I'll just stop with M$ crap completely. I advise
against it anyhow.

I've never come across the M$ tax situation, so perhaps they either forgot
me or its somehow not an issue because I buy bits an don't generally retail
PCs. Don't know, don't care.

> I supply the customer with a parts list and places to buy them, he
> customer buys all the parts and software off the web, and I put it all
> together and give them all sorts of free support after the install.

Support? You give support?

FOR FREE?