Re: 2.1.111: IDE DMA disabled...BLAH...BLAH...

MOLNAR Ingo (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:51:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> If all the reports where the same chipst I'd have produced a draft chipset
> blacklist by now. They are apparently random across 3 generations of intel
> chips and across non intel parts from SiS and VIA too.
>
> As far as I know the intel, sis and via chipsets have no common silicon

yep the Intel one was it. I didnt mention their name since it's already
documented (chipset errata) and fixed (BIOS update). That particular
corruption was happening with ... (damn we need ECC brains) earlier
versions of the the Adler or Alder board?

-- mingo