Re: 2.1.120 sluggish![3~

Chris Wedgwood (chris@cybernet.co.nz)
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 10:20:28 +1200

On Mon, Sep 07, 1998 at 11:50:37PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> Cyrix MII, Buslogic 946C, S3 video (vga text console), 3c509 ethernet
> [one disk, one cd, one tape]

None of which changed in 2.1.120 so It's hard to blame them.

CONFIG_APM enabled? The segment register reloading stuff was fixed,
but the source was reformatted, so it hard to tell from the diffs if
anything else changed.

The only arch specific stuff I see are some apic/irq fixes and CPU
detection updates. Odd.

Are you using NFS? I'm assuming you are since you've been fixing it
recently, does it crash if you leave NFS alone?

-cw