Re: 4MB pages and framebuffer access, x11perf results, 2.1.125

MOLNAR Ingo (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 01:39:17 +0100 (CET)

On 29 Oct 1998, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> >So it would be nice to know the x11perf report without the GLOBAL flag set
> >(I can' t do the test myself because I have not a P6 CPU :-().
>
> Good point. X11perf showed an almost 15% improvement, but considering
> that some of what happened was definitely completely illegal, the
> numbers are very suspect indeed.

Correct :( without the GLOBAL flag, the numbers are almost identical, only
slight improvement for the 4M version, not worth to mention. Sorry, this
really was unintentional ... :( It's amazing though how much difference
this made.

-- mingo