RE: Linux Splash Screen

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@aivazian.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:26:33 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Jim (and everyone on the I-thought-non-existent-but-looks-like-still-alive
"Linux bootlogo" thread),

The idea of Linux bootlogo has been approved and implemented by the kernel
developers eons (on Linux timescale) ago. Read everything you can find on fb
(framebuffer) console, configure vesafb support into the kernel, add
"vga=ask" to /etc/lilo.conf, press 305 when asked for a mode and enjoy N
[where N is the number of CPUs] penguins standing proudly above the kernel
messages and watching them scroll.

regards,
Tigran A. Aivazian