Re: [patch] delayed acks decrease performances in congestioned networks

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 02:39:16 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

>The 0.5sec is the upper bound, which is specified by the RFC's.
>If you look in tcp_input.c:tcp_delack_estimator() precisely what you
>are asking for is there.

Good. I' ll wait for 2.1.129 and I' ll let you know in case of problems
(until that time I' ll continue with del_acks disabled ;-).

>TCP's retransmission strategies, especially when SACK is available on
>the connection, should even make the most broken of networks perform
>decently.

The problem is that most of servers doesn' t support SACKS ;-). 2.2
releasing will fix this problem of course.

Andrea Arcangeli