Re: Auto-loading modules don't working, diacrd question

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (acme@conectiva.com.br)
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 14:17:00 -0200 (EDT)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:

> I have succesfully compiled and running (after all troubles)
> 2.2.0-pre4-ac3. Is all working pretty well. Except (of course, 'cause
> i'm posting this) my kerneld isn't working. For example: when i dial to
> my isp, i need to use slhc.o and ppp.o modules. none of them is loaded
> by kerneld. I need to manually do this. :(

kerneld isn't used in the 2.1.*/2.2 series, take a look at
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes and
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/kmod.txt

> Another question: 'Cause I live in Brazil, many tasks i do is in my
> language (portuguese, obviuos). And in 2.0.36, i'm was using diacrd. The
> patch that cames with diacrd works now with 2.2? What i need to do? wait
> the diacrd's mantainer upload a new version, apply the old patch over
> this tree?

Forget about diacrd, if you use Red Hat or Conectiva Linux grab the
XFree86 3.3.3 rpms we made for our distribution with Thomas Quinot patches
to xlib in
ftp://ftp.conectiva.com.br/pub/conectiva/atualizacoes/marumbi/RPMS/XFree86/,
where you'll gonna find instructions (in portuguese) as how to upgrade,
it'll solve most of your problems with diacriticals (StarOffice 5.0 works
like a charm, WordPerfect 8.0 have some quirks with cedilla, but there's a
workaround in our FAQ at http://www.conectiva.com.br/faq).