Re: via-rhine and missing /proc/net/dev receive bytes

David B. Rees (dbr@spoke.nols.com)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 15:05:14 -0700 (PDT)

On 11-Apr-99 Philip Blundell wrote:
>>I have a box running 2.2.5 compiled with egcs-1.1.2 and using the via-rhine
>>ethernet driver. When looking at /proc/net/dev, I'm missing the number of
>>bytes recieved, all other fields seem to be showing up properly.
>
> Probably the Rhine driver just doesn't implement byte counters. It's a
> trivial change to the source if you feel like getting your hands dirty.

Well, the weird part is that the transmitting bytes are working properly...

Transmit
bytes packets errs drop fifo colls carrier compressed
1315249034 981128 0 0 0 9938 0 0

-Dave