Re: Overscheduling DOES happen with high web server load.

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Thu, 6 May 1999 18:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> For most wake_one situations you want to schedule the last thread to go idle
> as it will have the most context in cache.

Indeed. That's why I suspect that we want to just walk the list until we
hit the first exclusive one (or the head), when we add a new exclusive
waiter.

Despite the fact that it's usually easier to just add to the end (make the
wait-queue a doubly linked list). But I think we want to go doubly linked
anyway, and just test things out (and to finally get rid of the horrible
remove_wait_queue() thing).

Linus