Re: Huge patches such as ISDN

Paul Black (paul@canix.co.uk)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:33:59 +0100

Kai Germaschewski <kai@thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> I've been following ISDN4Linux development for more than a year now, and
> there's not been a single report of isdn crashing the kernel (apart from a
> bug in some BIOSes which initialised some cards to a wrong PCI location).

It's happened to me, twice in the last two weeks:
2.2.10 kernel, BT Speedway Card (a rebadged AVM A1 PCI) using
isdn-9907301100.tar.gz
isdn4k-utils-9907311100.tar.gz

Prior to 2 Aug, I was running a different kernel (2.2.5) and different ISN
software (no idea what date).

Both times the lock up occured when disconnecting although the second time
something was not right with the connection (lack of throughout) which
prompted me to disconnect. If it happens again, I'll try different versions
of the above software.

Paul