Re: Warning: linux > 2.0.9 and stability

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:41:28 -0500

Jeffrey Hundstad wrote:
> I have no problem running 2.0.9 forever, really, but I want to warn
> anyone running anything newer that you are definitely running a risk
> if you do so.

I can't say I agree with you (I'm running 2.2 kernels over three
architectures and have absolutely no stability problems, even
under high loads). I can understand why you'd want to stick
with tried and true 2.0 series kernels, if these are production
servers...

But why 2.0.9? That's an ancient kernel. Have you tried the latest
2.0 series kernels (I believe 2.0.38 was just released)?

--
Shaw Terwilliger