Re: [patch] flushpage SMP race with ll_rw_block/bdflush

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:17:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

>Last I checked, all the places where multiple bit state checks are
>done are safe and are guarded by other locking mechanisms already.

Yes, I agree that such optimization won't harm now but using the bitops
looks the right thing to do to me. I think if you want to mix the bitflags
you should do the thing by hand (exactly as we _just_ do in buffer_busy()
for example).

Andrea