"kernel: Attempt to refile free buffer", mke2fs, e2fsck

thx@rivalnet.de
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 01:13:53 +0200

This log message pops up if I:

boot, mke2fs /dev/md0, mount /dev/md0 y
or:
boot, e2fsck /dev/md0, mount /dev/md0 y

in both cases during the mount command.
Sometimes preceeded by "md0: blocksize changed during read".

It does =not= appear with:
boot, mount /dev/md0 y

Maybe mke2fs and e2fsck do something ugly.

If anyone knows more about the message, and if it is harmless or dangerous, please let me know.

Of course, it might well be due to my weird kernel & system configuration (please see my previous mail).

/dev/md0 is a 110GB soft raid partition (4K blocks).
maybe the large disk patch is connected to this (needed for the 37GB IBM drives).

--
the online community service for gamers & friends -  http://www.rivalnet.com
* unterstützt über 50 PC-Spiele im Multiplayer-Modus