Re: Strange kbd problems with 2.3.17 on toshiba satellite 4030cdt

Sean Hunter (sean@uncarved.co.uk)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:35:30 +0100

I've had this problem since late 2.1 kernels with my toshiba
tecra. Redhat 5.1 5.2 and 6.0. Since alt+sysRq doesn't work I can't
see how this can be any other than a kernel bug.

When I boot into this keyboardless state, the machine is still alive,
and I can use it via the network as normal. Its just the console that
is fried. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether fbcon or the
normal console is used.

Sean