Re: Setting the date and time

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 22:34:16 -0700 (PDT)

That is why you need a free standing timebase card that syncs with NIST
and you can crontab it to generate an oscillator drift function to correct
and calculate the true time +/- a few milliseconds.

I designed a professional astronomical grade timebase that requires resync
every 48 days if it is programmed to have a millisecond stable resolution.
This mode has a predictable with a +/- 1 millisecond per day.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy