RE: Time dalays in kernel modules implementations

Bret Indrelee (bindrelee@sbs-cp.com)
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:46:50 -0600

Rafael E. Herrera [mailto:raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu] wrote:
> Right now I have to port a block of code that does a time
> delay. It uses
> the variable (struct test_struct*) current->timeout, which is gone in
> version 2.2.x. The implementation used is the same as that
> discussed in
> Rubini's Linux Device Drivers book.
>
> The code goes like this:
>
> current->timeout = jiffies + tout;
> interruptible_sleep_on(&wait);
>
> Can anybody explain to me how to do the equivalent in 2.2.x? That is,
> how to port code dependent on current->timeout to the new API.

You can just call interruptible_sleep_on_timeout().

There is also a schedule_timeout() if you get code that needs to reschedule
for a certain amount of time.

-Bret

SBS Technologies, Connectivity Products
... solutions for real-time connectivity

Bret Indrelee, Engineer
SBS Technologies, Inc., Connectivity Products
1284 Corporate Center Drive, St. Paul MN 55121
Direct: (651) 905-4731
Main: (651) 905-4700 Fax: (651) 905-4701
E-mail: bindrelee@sbs-cp.com http://www.sbs.com