Re: APM_power_off

From: Andy Henroid (andy_henroid@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 14:26:12 EST

--- Daniel.Egger@suse.de wrote:

> Well, it seems to work, but I don't think this is
> an accurate test. How do I identify a broken ACPI
> implementation?

You can verify that C-states work by running acpid
and looking for "ACPI Cx works" in the kernel log.
(Note, this is if your system has ACPI tables,
otherwise you need to fill in C-state latency
values for /proc/sys/acpi/p_lvlX_lat. Sorry,
this should probably go in the documentation
somewhere)

A working S5 is verified by running acpid and
do "shutdown -h now". Does you system power-off?
If not, S5 is not supported (check syslog) or
S5 is broken. (This will not work at all unless
you have ACPI tables)

You can verify that ACPI events work by running
acpid and pressing the power button. Does the
system start to shutdown?

I'll add a section to the ACPI documentation
("Do I have a working ACPI implementation?")
describing all of this.

-Andy