Re: How to survive in a Micro$oft environment??

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 14:15:20 EST

I think that perhaps we need to work around these MS TCPIP compatibility
issues. We can all act like Tarzan and pound our chests, and "passively
resist" doing what's right for the customers -- if Linux does not play
well with NT Servers, we should fix it so it does. The arguments about
forcing an MS/Linux standoff within customer accounts who have to deal
with these problems with interoperability will slow the adoption of
Linux in the enterprise. Like it or not, it's a Microsoft world in most
enterprise accounts at present, and whatever we can do to make IS/IT
people's lives easier we should, including analyzing what NT does and
figure out how to make them work together better.

No matter how loud the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it .....

Jeff