Re: Help in DSM design

From: Ronald G. Minnich (rminnich@lanl.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 16:49:17 EST

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Maurito wrote:

> Could you also point me to other similar projects that are being develop?
> it will clear my ideas and help me with my problems

www.acl.lanl.gov/~rminnich, check out ZOUNDS.

still the only one I know of that can use IP multicast. I've used it for
tiled displays, parallel applications, multicast file copies, and so
on. I'm porting it to use Myrinet GM.

Also see the papers (same page) on MNFS. Ran on SunOS, Solaris, Irix, and
AIX. The only one I ever saw that had a test-and-set that in actual
practice scaled to 100 nodes. I would have put this on Linux or FreeBSD
but their VFS/VM integration has never been quite right (it was on FreeBSD
2.0.5 for a while, until the VM broke again in 2.1).

ron