Re: UDMA on WDC == (Re: 2.4.0-test4 Corrupt filesystems)

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 20:20:13 EST

http://www.westerndigital.com/service/FAQ/dtr.html

This does make it messy, now.

Hey Darrin,

Here is a chance for WDC to save some face.
Talk to me and tell me what to make of this doc?
Since the CCC marking is on the outside of drive, will WDC generate a
firmware list? I know that all drive makers make OEM products that have
things disable, but if this is the case, could someone consider correcting
the IDENTIFY table to correspond tp the capabilities shipped not total.

See you in Longmont CO in August.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy