2.4.0-test4 niggles

From: Jareth Hein (jhod@gol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 05:47:55 EST

Started playing with 2.4.0-test4 (first new kernel since 2.3.99) this
weekend, and have a couple of small concerns. First off, running a mostly
Debian potato setup w/Gnome on my 2x300 PII box has amazing sound
problems on anything that routes through esd (Enlightenment Sound
Daemon). I've tried play, playmidi and xmms, and the sounds get
fragmented. If I have them directly open /dev/sound they work fine.

Secondly, neither raid1 or raid5 can be built as modules. raid1 simply
needs to have drive_stat_acct exported from drivers/block/ll_rw_blk.c
(however: is it kosher to export inline functions?), but one of the
symbols raid5 needs to be modulized is set_bh_page from fs/buffer.c, and
buffer.c is not searched for exportable symbols. Is this alright for me
(or whomsoever) to modify the makefile to do this, or should raid5 not be
asking to call that function?

--
Jareth Hein
Weirdness for hire