problem with d_count.

From: P.Basker (basker_p@bbv.satyam.com)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 05:37:11 EST

Hi all,

        Im running RedHat 6.2, with kernel version 2.2.14-5.0. I have a
kernel module that traverses the whole directory tree structure accessing
all files. Im checking the d_count in dentry struct for directories. I see
that the d_count sometimes has some random values around 5-1000,
sometimes. How should I call dput() when traversing directories.

Can someone enlighten me on the significance of d_count in dentry for a
directory.

                TIA,
                        Shankar