Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...

From: David Luyer (david_luyer@pacific.net.au)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 20:20:45 EST

> David Luyer wrote:
> > It is _much_ easier to do "cat </dev/zero >/dev/sda"
>
> You're missing the point. Your example simply zeros out the data space. What
> Andre is talking about will actually damage the drive requiring you to ship it
> to depot for repair. My guess is that most people will be buying a new drive
> since either a) they didn't have a warantee or b) it is expired.

Not his SCSI one. That was just a format disk. Andre is trying to make
something out of nothing new or surprising in the SCSI case.

David.

David Luyer
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd
Phone:  +61 3 9674 7525
Fax:    +61 3 9699 8693
Mobile: +61 4 1064 2258, +61 4 1114 2258
http://www.pacific.net.au        NASDAQ: PCNTF
<< fast 'n easy >>