Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 22:02:58 EST

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, David Luyer wrote:

> > David Luyer wrote:
> > > It is _much_ easier to do "cat </dev/zero >/dev/sda"
> >
> > You're missing the point. Your example simply zeros out the data space. What
> > Andre is talking about will actually damage the drive requiring you to ship it
> > to depot for repair. My guess is that most people will be buying a new drive
> > since either a) they didn't have a warantee or b) it is expired.
>
> Not his SCSI one. That was just a format disk. Andre is trying to make
> something out of nothing new or surprising in the SCSI case.

David Luyer == /dev/null

The point of that example was to show it can be done.
Do you think that I would expose more than that......

I guess your company's IT is trivial and you can afford to have your
servers issued a fragmented FORMAT command in the most critical part of
the disk and wipe data that is not backed up.

Are you that arrogant to not understand the nature of the example.

GO-AWAY YOU ARE A END-USER!

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy