Re: [RFC] Changes file [was Re: modules directory]

From: Simon Huggins (huggie@earth.li)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 01:41:29 EST

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 01:41:45AM -0500, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> > > This is similar to my patch-names patch, which lets you add components
> > > to uname too. IIRC, it was rejected because it made things easier.
> > Erm? Not really. Not unless you want
> > 2.2.x-requires-modutils-2.3.99999-requires-pppd-x.y.z etc?
> No, that's not it at all. It's more for doing things like
> 2.4.0-pre8+ikd+xfs where ikd and xfs are patches you applied. With a
> little Makefile magic, they become part of the uname.

Yes, you implied it solved what I was trying to solve being the people
complaining on list about make modules_install no longer working when
they hadn't read Documentation/Changes.

Simon.

--
oOoOo       "That's the last time I'll pet a lion", said Tom       oOoOo
 oOoOo                        offhandedly.                        oOoOo