Re: [linux-lvm] Re: LVM snapshotting broken?

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@caldera.de)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 18:53:08 EST

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 11:37:07PM +0000, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:

> Hi Rik,
>
> I can't reproduce it on my box.
>
> Could you provide a "lvcreate -d" output of what you did to help
> me to dig into that one.
>
> Did somebody else out there face the same 0.8final snapshot weirdness?

Yes. I have the same problem Rik has. A debug printf just before the
ioctl in lv_create_remove gives the right ->lv_snapshot_minor.
A debug printk in lvm_do_lv_create just at the beginning has
->lv_snapshot_minor _always_ = 0.
This happens with the 0.8final utils, both with and without additional
patches. Andrea's lvm-tools-aa-20000119 are ok.

Look like a structure mis-match to me, although lv_v2_t is the same for
all tools.

        Christoph

--
Always remember that you are unique.  Just like everyone else.