BUG: 2.2.17 and APM

From: Xavier Bestel (xavier.bestel@free.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 03:49:03 EST

Hi,

it seems that since I have 2.2.17, APM events aren't processed as they
should: sometimes my laptop just halts instead of sleeping/hibernating.
This often (but not always) occurs when:
* I push the on/off button (which should only go to standby)
* The battery is low
* The timeout for entering standby when on battery power happens
* The timeout for entering hibernate when in standby mode happens
* I hit Fn-on/off (which should go to hibernate)
It never happened when I was using 2.2.16
It never happens when I type "apm -s" or "apm -S" (which do exactely the
same)
I didn't change BIOS settings since 2.2.16

I have a Compaq Armada 1700 with BIOS dated 06/04/99

That's quite annoying. Anyone has this sort of problem ?

Xav

PS: of course, no oops or serious bug report ...