Re: Oops in iput

From: Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 05:56:51 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:09:33AM +0300, Ville Herva wrote:

> Well, I for one use the 2.2 ide patches extensively (on almost all of my
> machines, including a heavy-duty backup server)

It is highly hardware-dependent. A huge amount of effort was spent
early in 2.4 getting blacklists and hardware tweaks right to work
around problems with specific chipsets with ide udma. Just because it
works for one person doesn't give you any confidence that it won't
trash data for somebody else.

Cheers,
 Stephen