Re: Kernels since 2.5.60 upto 2.5.67 freeze when X server terminates

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 06:42:08 EST

On Mer, 2003-04-16 at 01:45, Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 03:43:55PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > florin@iucha.net (Florin Iucha) wrote:
> > >
> > > I think it has to do with the interaction between XFree86 4.3.0 and
> > > the AGP code.
> >
> > Has anyone tried disabling kernel AGP support and retesting?
>
> Now that you suggested it, I disabled kernel AGP support and 4.3.0
> (Daniel Stone Debian packages) works fine so far.

Disablign AGP turned off 3D. There is a problem in a lot of the current
DRI drivers where shared IRQs break as sometimes do restarts because
the IRQ is not masked properly in the DRI module on close down. Its
certainly true in the -ac tree (Radeon patch pending, someone apparently
has other patches I need to chase).

Alan