Re: Linux 2.4.22-rc1

From: Mitch@0Bits.COM
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 05:27:18 EST

Not enough info.

What usb controller do you have ? Which usb driver ?
ohci ? uhci ? ehci ? usb 2.0 ?

I reported this a long time ago on the usb lists, but
never got down to the bottom of the problem (my fault for
not following thru). However if i disable the usb 2.0
driver (i.e. not loading the ehci driver) which my external
storage is connected to, then everything works fine - albeit
it much more slowly. Appears to be a timing issue on some
usb <-> ide controller chips since not everyone is seeing this.

Mitch