Re: Heavy disk activity without apperant reason

From: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 18:28:45 EST

On Saturday, 25 October 2003, at 23:56:59 +0200,
Stef van der Made wrote:

> I'm not sure if I should log a bug and what the problem area could be.

You should provide more information before opening any bug, for example,
exact kernel version used, filesystems mounted and their types (as well
as mount options used). In older kernel 2.4.x versions there were
similar problems to the one you describe, related to (if I recall
correctly) writing the journal contents back to disk after heavy IO load.

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436 Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.0-test8-mm1)