PS/2 Slowness w/ 2.6.0-test9-bk2

From: Shawn Starr
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 15:02:53 EST

Apon trying the latest -bk, I've noticed changes in how the kernel
determines mouse rate.

Although this was easy to fix with gpm, XFree86-HEAD does not seem to
honor any manual overriding of the mouse rate. Even when setting the rate
to 60 this did not work.

After reverting the psmouse-base.c changes XFree86 behaved like previous.

I would suggest reverting the patch until this issue is resolved. I don't
know what X is doing to get the mouse rate but it certainly ignored it
when I set psmouse_rate=60 in kernel parameters. Perhaps someone knows
something I'm not doing.

This isn't trying to start a flamewar but I'd prefer that these changes
were checked beforehand.

Thanks,
Shawn S.