Re: as_arq scheduler alloc with 2.6.0-test8-mm1

From: Amit Patel
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 23:35:35 EST

--- Nick Piggin <piggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, you're on the right track. Actually, in the
> block device
> you will allocate the queue, and the queue will then
> allocate
> the elevator. First see if the queue is being
> properly allocated
> and freed. If it is not, then the problem is in the
> SCSI layer.

Hi Nick,

During scsi_scan.c:scsi_probe_and_add_lun it allocates
scsi device and request_queue to send the
scsi_request. If during this scan it finds no device
attached to target it will deallocate request__queue.
But since there was no disk found it never called
add_disk and so it never go through blk_register_queue
function to register elevator queue. So during clean
up it just calles blk_cleanup_queue which does _not_
clean up elevator_data.

This is just what I think is happening by looking at
the code. I might be missing something. But in this
case either blk_cleanup_queue should clean elevator
also as part of cleanup instead of it getting cleaned
up through blk_unregister_queue or scsi layer needs
to make some changes during scan. I do not know what
implication it might have if cleanup is done as part
of blk_cleanup_queue on other kind of block devices. I
will try to put this cleanup as part of
blk_cleanup_queue to see if it works.

Thanks
Amit