SII 3512+Seagate on Athlon64 system

From: Aron Rubin
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 16:45:59 EST

SATA controller SII 3512 not recognized by driver. It looks like SII 3512 is almost identical to 3112 interface. I copy/paste/alterred all code in ide/pci/siimage.[ch] with "3112" in it to "3512". It seems about 95% functional. Need help with remaining 5%, related to very, very, slow controller comms during init with occational "Interrupt Lost" messages. Seems like comms are out of sync and then resync over and over. Other than that all drive info comes over. Ryan Earl's patch may fix, I would be suprised if it was that simple though. I will try later today.

Aron

--

ssh aron@xxxxxxxxxxxx cat /dev/brain | grep ^work:

Aron Rubin Member, Engineering Staff
Lockheed Martin E-Mail: arubin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Advanced Technology Laboratories Phone: 856.792.9865
3 Executive Campus Fax: 856.792.9930
Cherry Hill, NJ USA 08002 Web: http://www.atl.lmco.com