Re: vanilla 2.6.0-test11 and CS4236 card

From: Joseph Pingenot
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 10:19:54 EST

>From wes schreiner on Wednesday, 03 December, 2003:
>I tested a combination of Takashi's version of the patch to
>drivers/pnp/card.c and Adam's patch to sound/isa/cs423x/cs4236.c applied
>to 2.6.0-test11 and report success. This is on a Dell Precision
>Workstation 410 which doesn't have a MPU device. The card has always
>been detected fine by ISAPNP and now when I modpobe snd-cs4236 the
>modules load just like they should. PCM output and input work fine. I
>exercised the audio system by running, at various times, xmms, aplay,
>alsamixer, and audacity and everything worked OK. No kernel-tainting
>modules were loaded. I would be happy to test the final version of these
>patches.

Sweet. Stupid NVidia drivers. Thanks for the help (I have exactly the
same system). I'll report back when I've recovered from NVidia driver's
mess. :)

-Joseph
--
Joseph===============================================trelane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Asked by CollabNet CTO Brian Behlendorf whether Microsoft will enforce its