HT apparently not detected properly on 2.4.23

From: Ethan Weinstein
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 13:48:03 EST

Hi,

With 2.4.22, my Supermicro X5DPL-iGM-O (E7501 chipset) with 2 xeons@xxxxxx and hypertherading enabled shows 4 cpu's in /proc/cpuinfo|proc/interrupts, with:
CONFIG_ACPI=y
CONFIG_ACPI_HT_ONLY=y
The same config with 2.4.23 only shows 2 cpus, even with:
CONFIG_NR_CPUS=4

Also, I believe this has been reported before, but the system only seems to interrupt on CPU0 with either kernel, unless I apply a patch I found here:
http://www.hardrock.org/kernel/2.4.22/irqbalance-2.4.22-MRC.patch
or run the `irqbalance' program.. which I don't care to do. This problem _seems_ to be isolated to the Supermicro, as HT does seem properly detected on several other SMP systems I have at work (compaq ML370/ML380) with 2.4.23

-Ethan