Re: 2.4.23 includes Andrea's VM?

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 13:38:08 EST

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 09:51:36AM -0500, Ian Soboroff wrote:

> I have a machine with 12GB of RAM, and I've been running a 2.4.22-era
> kernel with Andrea's patches on it, otherwise it dies from lack of
> lowmem.
>
> The latest -aa patch is for 2.4.23-pre6, but I see in the 2.4.23
> Changelog that at least some bits of Andrea's VM were merged. Should
> I be able to run a vanilla 2.4.23 on this box?

It's probably going to work an order of magnitude better thanks
especially to the lower_zone_reserve algorithm.

However I'd still recommend to use my tree, the last two critical bits
you need from my tree are inode-highmem and related_bhs. Those two are
still missing, and you probably need them with 12G.

I'm going to release a 2.4.23aa1 btw, that will be the last 2.4-aa.