Re: SCO's infringing files list

From: Jussi Laako
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 08:12:47 EST

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 14:19, Norman Diamond wrote:

> > > /* This is a list of all known signal numbers. */
> > >
> > > CONST char *CONST _sys_errlist[] = {
> >
> > I wonder if there are any UNIX sources which have a similar typo.
>
> That kind of error (typo, thinko, etc.) was more common than you think. The
> related file /usr/include/errno.h was source code readable by everyone. If
> anyone has a copy of errno.h from BSD days (when BSD wasn't completely free
> yet), it would be worth checking. If this comment was copied from BSD then
> the next question is whether this comment originated at BSD or was copied
> from ATT.

At least the 4.2 (file dated 7/29/83) or the 4.3reno (file dated
6/28/90) doesn't contain such comment. There's no copyright statement in
4.2, but there is in 4.3reno.

4.2 (& 4.3):
--- 8< ---
/*
* Error codes
*/
#define ENOTTY 25 /* Not a typewriter */

4.3reno:
#define ENOTTY 25 /* Inappropriate ioctl for
device */

--
Jussi Laako <jussi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>