Re: SCO's infringing files list

From: Norman Diamond
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 07:27:55 EST

Mitchell Blank Jr wrote:
> Steven Cole wrote:
> > /* This is a list of all known signal numbers. */
> >
> > CONST char *CONST _sys_errlist[] = {
>
> I wonder if there are any UNIX sources which have a similar typo.

That kind of error (typo, thinko, etc.) was more common than you think. The
related file /usr/include/errno.h was source code readable by everyone. If
anyone has a copy of errno.h from BSD days (when BSD wasn't completely free
yet), it would be worth checking. If this comment was copied from BSD then
the next question is whether this comment originated at BSD or was copied
from ATT.