Re: 2.6.0 sound output - wierd effects

From: Sander Sweers
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 18:00:01 EST

Martin J. Bligh wrote:
Upgraded my home desktop to 2.6.0. Somewhere between 2.5.63 and 2.6.0, sound got screwed up - I've confirmed
this happens on mainline, as well as -mjb.

If I leave xmms playing (in random shuffle mode) every 2 minutes or so,
I'll get some wierd effect for a few seconds, either static, or the track will mysteriously speed up or slow down. Then all is back to normal for another couple of minutes.

Anyone else seen this, or got any clues? Else I guess I'm stuck playing
bisection search.

Yes had this problem, i found that it was the oss emulation. When i
switched to the alsa plugin the effect was gone.