Re: OSS sound emulation broken between 2.6.0-test2 and test3

From: Joshua Schmidlkofer
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 00:09:51 EST

> If I leave xmms playing (in random shuffle mode) every 2 minutes or so,
> I'll get some wierd effect for a few seconds, either static, or the track
> will mysteriously speed up or slow down. Then all is back to normal for
> another couple of minutes.

We had this problem with an Intel 8x0 sound chipset, turned out to be
that the chipset requires a fixed bit rate. I can't remember what we
did to fix it, but I will ask my friend who has the system.

js

--
VB programmers ask why no one takes them seriously,
it's somewhat akin to a McDonalds manager asking employees