Re: udev and devfs - The final word

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 14:30:48 EST

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 01:53:55AM +0100, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:
>
> [big snip]
> > All the people wanting to bring up the udev vs. devfs argument go back
> > and read the previous paragraph. Yes, all Gentoo users who keep filling
> > up my inbox with smoking emails, I mean you.
> [yet another big snip]
>
> Hihi, life is unfair to you. ;-) I am one of those nasty gentoo users
> and still use devfs, but I want to switch asap, as I found a thread in
> gentoo forums about it and furthermore tend to do experiments with my
> installation. So not all gentoo users are bad users. ;-) I really
> appreciate your work and hope you will find more time in developing udev
> instead of wasting time (though it was quite interesting for me to read
> your text) with arguing for it. So I hope when I do the transition it
> goes smoothly, but even if not, I won't bash onto your head. ;-)

Thanks, I have gotten a lot of response to this message from Gentoo
users appologizing for the "bad seeds". By no means did I mean to
disparage all Gentoo users, just the ones that keep bothering me with
this pointless argument.

In fact, now that I know Gentoo works without devfs, I'm considering
putting it on an old laptop I have around here...

thanks,

greg k-h